[Executive-Committee] Tasks - General overview

Hiba Eltigani higba6 at gmail.com
Sat Mar 26 12:10:36 EAT 2016

Dear All
	Salam and welcome to SdNOG EC, happy to have you on board :). I will try to give general idea about our current pending tasks and activities, this is not comprehensive list but important ones, so feel free to add more to construct the plan up to SdNOG-3 [our annual event]. Also, there were some ideas flowing around, I will just list them for the sake of documentation, again feel free to use them as it is or develop them further. Moreover, we can start talking about the activities on this list, just send e-mail and hopefully we will reply not as late as this e-mail ;). So, buckle up and best of luck.

Pending Activities:
legal registration of SdNOG as a non-for-profit cultural society works in capacity building domain.
open application for SdNOG-3 program committee.
open call for papers for SdNOG-3.
find venue for SdNOG-3.
determine list of workshops during SdNOG-3.
find venue for the monthly workshops.
prepare the platform for the online Linux training.
get the final theme and identity design of SdNOG [currently running and expected to receive modified logo tomorrow].
sponsorship letters to local organisations [ NTC, Zain, Sudatel, MTN, Canar, DAL, EBS, Huawei, Erricsson,….etc].
communication with RIPE NCC regarding sponsorship [they already approved 1,500E fund - Samir is handling this].
Afrinic sponsorship communication.
Website revamp.
Wiki restoration [or any other comparable program].
hosting backup.
DNS workshop [trainers: Manhal + Hiba].
PGP workshop [Trainer: Isra Mustafa].
Mail workshop [trainer: TBD].
Cloud computing workshop [trainer: Mohamed Siddig].
Internet ecosystem workshop [trainer: Hiba].
NMS workshop [trainer: Salih Shihab].
Awareness campaigns in different organisations.
Ideas:
section in website for call for trainers, anyone with knowledge in specific subject can volunteer through filling the form.
section in website for call for trainings, if someone thinks there is a need for training in specific topic he/she can submit request for that training.

We can keep build on this but take them into considerations while building your plan and keep the mission and vision in your minds.

Take care until tomorrow,,,,
Best Regards